[Pythonmac-SIG] Python 2.2.2 and Tkinter installation problems on OS X

Nicholas Riley njriley@uiuc.edu
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 18:37:28 -0600

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 10:40:17AM +0100, Jack Jansen wrote:
> That's difficult. After the import failed (due to the file being
> unreadable) import will continue looking in other sys.path entries,
> so by the time it gets to the end it will have forgotten about any
> intermediate errors.

Yeah, there'd have to be some kind of error accumulation buffer.  I'd
love to work on this but don't have the time...

> Have you tried what "python -v" and "python -vv" report in this case?

I don't see any messages that make it appear as if an error occurs.
Since there's apparently a bug report on this, I'm hopeful it'll be
fixed.

> >- In the third case of pythonw, the import error was somehow
> >  suppressed; it should be displayed.  If it were, the resultant
> >  error would not be so cryptic.
>
> Agreed. I'd also be interested in the python -vv output of this.

I can't use python -vv because the launcher won't accept it.

[p6:5015] ~%pythonw -vv
original argc=2
original argv[0] = "/Applications/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/python"
original argv[1] = "-vv"
modified argc=2
modified argv[0] = "/Applications/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/python"
modified argv[1] = "-vv"
-vv: can't open file '-vv'

--
=Nicholas Riley <njriley@uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>
        Pablo Research Group, Department of Computer Science and