[Pythonmac-SIG] Python 2.2.2 and Tkinter installation problems on OS X

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
27 Nov 2002 10:21:15 +0000

Nicholas Riley <njriley@uiuc.edu> writes:

> What needs fixing in Python, IMO, is:
>
> - The permissions on installed files in lib/dynload should be properly
>   set.  Perhaps it picked up my umask, which is 077?  But then they'd
>   be rwx------, so I don't know...).  Using the 'install' program to
>   install files is usually the right way to do this, as it uses
>   rwxr-xr-x by default.

There's a patch on sf about this.  It'll get fixed (hopefully within a
few weeks).

>   I did a 'find . -perm 711' in Python.framework and the only other
>   file I found outside lib/dynload that had the wrong permissions was
>   pydoc.

pydoc had rwx--x--x?  That seems surprising.

> - "no module named struct" should be distinguished from "can't access
>   struct module to import it".

Patches welcome :)

Cheers,
M.

--
  I don't remember any dirty green trousers.
                                             -- Ian Jackson, ucam.chat