[Pythonmac-SIG] Python 2.2.2 and Tkinter installation problems on OS X

Nicholas Riley njriley@uiuc.edu
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 18:44:47 -0600

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 10:21:15AM +0000, Michael Hudson wrote:

> >   I did a 'find . -perm 711' in Python.framework and the only other
> >   file I found outside lib/dynload that had the wrong permissions was
> >   pydoc.
>
> pydoc had rwx--x--x?  That seems surprising.

Pydoc seems to be in a class by itself in setup.py, 'scripts',
different from the python executable, which is installed by the
'altbininstall' target of the Makefile properly using $(INSTALL_PROGRAM).

> > - "no module named struct" should be distinguished from "can't access
> >   struct module to import it".
>
> Patches welcome :)

Yeah, wish I had the time.  I've submitted enough patches to random
projects this week already, I've spent more time on them than my own
work... :(

--
=Nicholas Riley <njriley@uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>
        Pablo Research Group, Department of Computer Science and