[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: PackMan->ChapMan

John Miller jmillr at umich.edu
Sat Aug 2 18:13:48 EDT 2003

> Then at a hunch I picked up the dictionary, and it turns out the
> (old-)english word for a traveling salesman in assorted wares
> ("marskramer" for those who speak dutch) is: "Chapman".

The first thing I thought of when I read this was 'Johnny Appleseed'
whose real name was 'John Chapman'. I then thought the name 'Chapman'
quite clever for an Apple-derived product. However, I also agree with
those who see 'Package Manager' as perfectly simple and
self-descriptive. Perhaps the name 'Chapman' would be more appropriate
for some other aspect of the MacPython package; an editor? or file
browser? or...?

John Miller
Technology Services
School of Education