[Pythonmac-SIG] Embedding Python on OS X, nem to the list

Tue Dec 23 05:15:00 EST 2003

Hi list,

first off, I'm new to this list, so here's my background: At the
moment, I'm doing my diploma thesis on visualization of finite element
data in the electric engineering department at Aachen university. This
is also where I came into contact with Python, because the software
package developed at the institute uses an embedded Python interpreter.

These days I'm porting the software to Mac OS X and got it up and
running on 10.2 already. What I'd like to do now is adapting it to the
Python installation already present on OS X. My questions are

- Am I right, that I need to build Python myself to get libpython that
I can embed?

- What do I need to do to get the configure script detect libreadline
and what will I need to do to have my own project compile and link
correctly?

- What will I need to do to get a working Tcl/Tk setup?

Thanks a lot,

Mark