[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: MacPython 2.3a2 on OSX 10.1

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 16:13:10 +0100

Jack Jansen wrote:

> I'm not sure how to proceed. We could scrap 10.1 support for
> MacPython, but that doesn't seem like a nice option.

Why not? Unless there's dedicated group of volunteers that test and fix
things (which there isn't, as far as I can see) I really don't see the
point of even _trying_ to remain compatible with 10.1. I personally
don't have the time for it, and I doubt that you do. Python is a
volunteers effort (even more so for the Mac) and if we can't get the
volunteers to do it, that's just tough luck. We have enough troubles
with applets on 10.2...

Just