[Pythonmac-SIG] Building Mac extensions for Apple Python

Kevin Ollivier kevino@tulane.edu
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 16:52:22 -0500

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your help! I am also clueless as to why PyObject_Del would
be causing that error message. Do those extensions get built with a
framework build as well? I did some playing around (removing the
extensions that were not building and changing $(scripts)/Lib/Mac to
its new home), but I'm getting import errors for the mac modules during
the import_BuildApplet phase. It cannot find import macfsn and
EasyDialogs, which are of course in the CVS but the path is probably
not set properly. Are these supposed to be copied over to
/Applications/MacPython-OSX-2.3 before this portion of setup is run?

However, in the process of troubleshooting all of this I came across
what I was really looking for - buildbundle.py. =) I thought I needed
to install the Jaguar extensions to do this, but now I see that I don't
have to. I've been getting ready to distribute the final release of a
wxPython app I have been working on and I wanted to make it look more
like a Mac application.

Now my wxPython application is running as a full-fledged .app bundle.
=)  Runs great - the only thing I have yet to figure out is how to hook
into the About and Preferences menus of the app, but that may be a
wxPython issue.

Thanks,

Kevin