[Pythonmac-SIG] Making executables (follow-up)

Gary Robinson grobinson@transpose.com
Mon May 5 02:48:13 EDT 2003

Following up on my previous message's questions about a Python executable
for 10.1 and 10.2, I just want to make it clear that the AppleScript Studio
UI pretty simple, just a couple of inputs and status displays. The vast
majority of the logic will be in the Python, and the SOAP connection between
the AppleScript Studio app and the python daemon will not be pushed very
hard.

I thought it might be helpful to say the above to make the whole 2-process
approach seem more sane. Actually it was suggested by a doc I found online,
I think from Apple, suggesting using AppleScript Studio and a separate Perl
process for pretty much the same kind of division of labor, but I prefer
Python for the Perl role.

I'm very interested in technical feedback on whether Python running under OS
X can handle the role I laid out for it in my previous message.

Thanks again for any help anyone can give!

--Gary

--
[http://ThisURLEnablesEmailToGetThroughOverzealousSpamFilters.org]

Gary Robinson