[Pythonmac-SIG] MySQLdb -- dyld: python Undefined symbols

William McLendon txagcs98@hotmail.com
Tue May 27 18:38:37 EDT 2003

Howdy,

I'm on an OS-X box 10.2.6 and am trying to learn how to use the python hooks
into a MySQL database.  The mysql server is running on the localhost (just
the basic installation so far)... I got the MySQL-python-0.9.2 distribution
from the sourceforge site.  To my knowledge it installed correctly.  I don't
recall seeing any errors when I ran setup.py.

So, I have a little test database just to learn the workings set up called
"testdb" and here's the python code that I've got so far in my little
learning code:

#!/usr/bin/env python
import _mysql
db = _mysql.connect(host="localhost", db="testdb")
# EOF

Running this I get a big dump of undefined symbols:
dyld: python Undefined symbols:
_ERR_get_error_line_data
_SSL_SESSION_set_timeout
_SSL_clear
_SSL_do_handshake
_SSL_free
_SSL_get_error
_SSL_get_peer_certificate
_SSL_get_session
_SSL_get_shared_ciphers
_SSL_new
_SSL_read
_SSL_set_accept_state
_SSL_set_connect_state
_SSL_set_fd
_SSL_shutdown
_SSL_write
_X509_NAME_oneline
_X509_free
_X509_get_issuer_name
_X509_get_subject_name
_BN_bin2bn
_DH_free
_DH_new
_ERR_print_errors_fp
_OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms
_SSL_CTX_check_private_key
_SSL_CTX_ctrl
_SSL_CTX_load_verify_locations
_SSL_CTX_new
_SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list
_SSL_CTX_set_default_verify_paths
_SSL_CTX_set_session_id_context
_SSL_CTX_set_verify
_SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file
_SSL_CTX_use_certificate_file
_SSL_load_error_strings
_TLSv1_client_method
_TLSv1_server_method
_X509_STORE_CTX_get_current_cert
_X509_STORE_CTX_get_error
_X509_STORE_CTX_get_error_depth
Trace/BPT trap

Soooo... it looks like something might not have been installed correctly?
Is there some other library that I should install that I might not have?  Or
perhaps I am missing something in a path?

Any help on this is greatly appreciated...

Thanks!
  -William