[Pythonmac-SIG] MySQLdb -- dyld: python Undefined symbols

William McLendon txagcs98 at hotmail.com
Tue May 27 18:18:05 EDT 2003

>The error messages indicate a problem with linking against the OpenSSL
>libraries.
>I gather that you are using the Apple "stock" Python without PySSL
>installed.

Hmmm... I tried grabbing the ObjC stuff from:
http://pyobjc.sourceforge.net/software/; and also grabbed the pyssl.tgz file
from there for good measure and tried both...

Unfortunately installing these still didn't doing the trick :-/

I do have openssl installed on the machine, though, in /usr/bin/openssl
with libssl in /usr/lib/...

I think I'm going to bag this for another day, and just stick to using it on
linux... Thanks for all the helpful emails :-)

-William