[Pythonmac-SIG] PyObj-c question ...

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Wed Oct 8 04:24:23 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, October 8, 2003, at 06:57 AM, Stéphane Jolicoeur-Fidelia
wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a quick question about pyobjc: I am trying to build examples
> from a Cocoa programming book with pyobjc(i installed the latest
> version and am working from Project builder). I created a document
> based application and then proceeded to create MyDocument.h and
> MyDocument.m . My question is if I actually implement some methods in
> pure ObjC will the MyDocument.py  be able to see them and be able to
> use them as is like any object method ? or will I just create useless
> files in my project? (or maybe i should ask how do i create a python
> object that is callable from objc? (I have seen mention of building
> partial Cocoa-Python apps,) Which would mean having MyDocument.h and
> .m import say MyPython.py as a lib or object ).

The quick answer is that you should do the PyObjC tutorials. This bit
specifically, how the AutoBaseClass stuff connects all your classes
through the NIB (or actually, how the NIB does it with help of
AutoBaseClass) is explained in the first tutorial, which is Apple's
CurrencyConverter but in Python.

The tutorials are in the Doc subdirectory of the PyObjC distribution.
Goldman