[Pythonmac-SIG] bundlebuilder --standalone not working

Bob Swerdlow rswerdlow at transpose.com
Wed Sep 3 13:13:50 EDT 2003

Unfortunately, building with --standalone does not seem to include the right
xml code.

If I build with "python buildapp.py build" my application works as I expect
it to, but it is not stand-alone.

If I build with "python buildapp.py --standalone build", I get
    ImportError: No module named sax
on
    form xml.sax import saxutils

If I build with "python buildapp.py --standalone --package=_xmlplus", I get:
    ./build/Goombah.app/Contents/Resources/Modules.zip/xmllib.py:10:
DeprecationWarning:
    The xmllib module is obsolete.  Use xml.sax instead.
and
    LookupError: unknown encoding: string-escape
in pickle.py (the stack trace is attached below).

My guess is that _xmlplus is not the package that I need.  Is there some
other package that is needed to include the sax module?

Thanks for your help!

Here's the end of the stack trace for the "string-escape" problem, which is
in the pickle code:

    strVersion = pickle.load(prefFile)  # version string for future changes
  File
"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/pickle.py",
line 1390, in load
    return Unpickler(file).load()
  File
"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/pickle.py",
line 872, in load
    dispatch[key](self)
  File
"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/pickle.py",
line 985, in load_string
    self.append(rep.decode("string-escape"))
LookupError: unknown encoding: string-escape