[Pythonmac-SIG] bundlebuilder --standalone not working

Bob Swerdlow rswerdlow at transpose.com
Tue Sep 2 15:57:42 EDT 2003

Just -

Thanks for your help.  The "--package=_xmlplus" seems to have improved
things.  I still get lots of warnings, but the application is running (I'm
getting run-time errors, but I don't think they are related to this.)

Here are the warnings - do you see anything I should be concerned about?:

% python buildapp.py --standalone --package=_xmlplus build
Finding module dependencies
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/plat-mac/Car
bon/Controls.py:11: FutureWarning: hex/oct constants > sys.maxint will
return positive values in Python 2.4 and up
  kDataBrowserClientPropertyFlagsMask = 0xFF000000
Building 'build/Goombah.app'
Copying files
Adding Python modules
Warning: couldn't find the following submodules:
    (Note that these could be false alarms -- it's not always
    possible to distinguish between "from package import submodule"
    and "from package import name")
  ? AppKit.NSAlertAlternateReturn
  ? AppKit.NSAlertDefaultReturn
  ? AppKit.NSApp
  ? AppKit.NSApplicationMain
  ? AppKit.NSBeginAlertSheet
  ? AppKit.NSBeginInformationalAlertSheet
  ? AppKit.NSCancelButton
  ? AppKit.NSGetInformationalAlertPanel
  ? AppKit.NSOKButton
  ? AppKit.NSReleaseAlertPanel
  ? AppKit.NSRunAlertPanel
  ? AppKit.NSRunCriticalAlertPanel
  ? AppKit.NSRunInformationalAlertPanel
  ? AppKit.NSWorkspace
  ? Foundation.NSAppleScript
  ? Foundation.NSData
  ? Foundation.NSDictionary
  ? Foundation.NSInvocation
  ? Foundation.NSLog
  ? Foundation.NSMutableDictionary
  ? Foundation.NSObject
  ? Foundation.NSTimer
  ? Foundation.NSURL
  ? Foundation.NSUserDefaults
  ? objc.selector
  ? objc.set_class_extender
  ? objc.set_signature_for_selector
Warning: couldn't find the following modules:
  ? DateTime
  ? Ft.Lib
  ? Ft.Lib.DumpBgTuple
  ? Ft.__init__
  ? OverrideFrom23._Res
  ? SOCKS
  ? XMLClient
  ? XMLFactory
  ? XMLinter
  ? XPathParserc
  ? _xmlrpclib
  ? com.indelv.dom
  ? com.indelv.dom.util
  ? com.sun.xml.tree
  ? ext.IsDOMString
  ? ext.SplitQName
  ? fr.loria.xml
  ? java.io
  ? java.lang
  ? java.net
  ? javax.xml.parsers
  ? msvcrt
  ? org.apache.xerces.dom
  ? org.apache.xerces.parsers
  ? org.brownell.xml
  ? org.brownell.xml.dom
  ? org.openxml.dom
  ? org.openxml.parser
  ? org.w3c.dom
  ? org.xml.sax
  ? org.xml.sax.helpers
  ? os.path
  ? readline
  ? rourl2path
  ? saxlib
  ? sgmlop
  ? xml.FtCore
  ? xml.dom.Attr
  ? xml.dom.BAD_BOUNDARYPOINTS_ERR
  ? xml.dom.BadBoundaryPointsErr
  ? xml.dom.DOMImplementation
  ? xml.dom.Document
  ? xml.dom.DocumentType
  ? xml.dom.Element
  ? xml.dom.Entity
  ? xml.dom.INVALID_NODE_TYPE_ERR
  ? xml.dom.InvalidNodeTypeErr
  ? xml.dom.NodeIterator
  ? xml.dom.Text
  ? xml.dom.UNSPECIFIED_EVENT_TYPE_ERR
  ? xml.dom.UnspecifiedEventTypeErr
  ? xml.dom.XML_PARSE_ERR
  ? xml.dom.ext
  ? xml.dom.ext.Visitor
  ? xml.dom.ext.reader
  ? xml.dom.ext.reader.HtmlLib
  ? xml.dom.html
  ? xml.dom.html.HTMLCollection
  ? xml.dom.html.HTMLElement
  ? xml.dom.implementation
  ? xml.ns
  ? xml.parsers.pyexpat
  ? xml.parsers.sgmllib
  ? xml.parsers.sgmlop
  ? xml.parsers.xmlproc
  ? xml.parsers.xmlproc.dtdparser
  ? xml.parsers.xmlproc.xmlapp
  ? xml.sax.drivers
  ? xml.sax.drivers.drv_xmlproc
  ? xml.sax.sax2exts
  ? xml.sax.saxexts
  ? xml.sax.saxlib
  ? xml.unicode.iso8859
  ? xml.utils
  ? xml.utils.characters
  ? xml.xpath
  ? xml.xpath.ParsedAbbreviatedAbsoluteLocationPath
  ? xml.xpath.ParsedAbbreviatedRelativeLocationPath
  ? xml.xpath.ParsedAbsoluteLocationPath
  ? xml.xpath.ParsedAxisSpecifier
  ? xml.xpath.ParsedPredicateList
  ? xml.xpath.ParsedRelativeLocationPath