[Pythonmac-SIG] EasyDialog? Not quite what I need..

Schollnick, Benjamin Benjamin.Schollnick at usa.xerox.com
Mon Sep 8 12:26:34 EDT 2003

Folks,

	I'm working on a zip file archive viewer...

	The idea is that the user would select the archive, I would read
	the table of contents via zipfile, and display a pop up or a list
	dialog with the files.

	The user chooses the files they want to view (multiple or single
select)
	and then the program would unarchive them and display the file on
screen..
	Either via Applescript or a image viewer in python...  (Maybe
quicktime)

	Well, I can do everything, except display the pop up or list
dialog...
	EasyDialogs would be the solution for the Select Fialog dialog...

	If this was Mac 9, I would be using Tkinter probably to create the
dialog
	window for the file selection...

	Since that option is not available for Mac OS X, Does anyone have a
suggestion
	for the file selection window?  I see that popups are available from
Easy dialogs.
	(The second demo test)  But I have not been able to simplify it to
just
	show a single popup...

	Even then, may be a "Select File:    XXXXX.ZIP" with the internal
zip listing
	would be good...  But I haven't messed with the GUI side of python
programming,
	except with Tkinter...

	Anyone willing to offer some suggestions, or take pity, and point
out how
	I can do this?	(Pointers are *VERY WELCOME*)

			- Ben