[Pythonmac-SIG] ANN: RegexPlor 0.6 available!

Lance E Sloan lsloan-000002 at umich.edu
Wed Sep 10 09:17:44 EDT 2003

--On Tuesday, September 9, 2003 16:21 +0200 Pascal Oberndoerfer
> Trying to start RegexPlor from Terminal gives me an error message:
>
>> [powerbook:RegexPlor.app/Contents/MacOS] pob% ./RegexPlor
>> dyld: ./python can't open library: /sw/lib/libdl.0.dylib  (No such file
>> or directory, errno = 2)
>> [powerbook:RegexPlor.app/Contents/MacOS] pob%
>
> Fink?

That's a good question.

Mr. Gherman, did you build this app using a version of Python installed
with Fink?  Does the application depend on libdl.0.dylib being in the
/sw/lib/ directory or will it look in other places?  I'd like to know
because I was *just* going to try installing RegexPlor.  After seeing the
movie on your website of it in action, I think it is absolutely fantastic!

However, if RegexPlor depends on things being installed in /sw by Fink,
that would be a problem for me.  I don't use Fink because it seems to do a
bit too much.  That's just my feeling about it after trying it a couple
times.

--
Lance E Sloan
U-M WATS: Web Applications, Technologies, and Solutions