[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython & Panther

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Sep 18 07:33:26 EDT 2003

Morten Bagai <mbagai at arslegal.com> writes:

> Hello there,
>
> Before I get myself into trouble: Is there any word on whether
> MacPython 2.3 will currently work with OS X 10.3?

It certainly should.

> If it's any help it
> came to me from the great unknown that launching the command-line
> version of Python in the most recent 10.3 build will yield this:
>
> Python 2.3 (#1, Sep 10 2003, 12:18:31)
> [GCC 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1495)] on darwin

Well, quite :-) The hope is that the Python install that comes with
Panther will be significantly more useful than that which came with
Jaguar.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  You're posting to a Scheme group. Around here, arguing that Java is
  better than C++ is like arguing that grasshoppers taste better than