[Pythonmac-SIG] Eclipse and Python on MOSX?

Paul Donovan paul at donovansbrain.co.uk
Sat Aug 7 14:40:13 CEST 2004

On 30 Jul 2004, at 14:30, Lance E Sloan wrote:

> Has anybody on this list been able to use the Eclipse IDE for Python
> development on Mac OS X successfully?  I've tried on my MOSX 10.3.4
> machine, but I'm not able to run a simple "hello, world" program due
> to Java exceptions.  I got the idea from this IBM DeveloperWorks
> article, "Python development with Eclipse and Ant":
> <http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-ecant/>.

I went through the steps listed in the article, and everything seemed
fine (apart from the unit tests, I couldn't get the python file to
work). The whole thing seems cool, but it's deathly slow on my 700MHz
iBook. Should be OK on my 3GHz Xeon at work ;-)

Do you have Java 1.4.2 installed? I thinks that's a requirement for
Eclipse 3.0 on OS X.

Paul