[Pythonmac-SIG] [ANN] SIGnificant Mac Game Ships, Written in Python

Keith Nemitz keithn at 2xtreme.net
Sat Dec 11 07:24:33 CET 2004

Hello everyone.

I'd like to thank this SIG, and especially Jack and Bob for their
consistent and excellent help that made my product a reality. This
project represents not only my first product written in Python, it
represents my new life as an aspiring independent game developer. I
look forward to contributing source code from the game to this
community, as a way of saying thanks.

If you'd like to know more about the game, I append below, the latest
draft of my press release. The full Macintosh downloadable is available
today. (What the P.R. doesn't mention is, it's a game designed for the
women segment of the casual game market. The male coders on this list
may find that their wives, girlfriends, mothers and even grandmothers
enjoy the game much more. Let them give it a try.) The release:

Mousechief Tickles the Web with The Witch's Yarn

Emeryville, CA, Dec 13, 2004 -- Mousechief (www.mousechief.com) proudly
releases, The Witch's Yarn, the first adventure game developed
specifically for the downloadable market. Tired of clones and
renovations? Finally, there's something new to play instead of puzzlers
and simple action games. Isn't it time to wrap yourself up in a rich,
delightful story?

The Witch´s Yarn tells an upbeat tale of modern living served with a
lighthearted dish of fantasy. Although suitable for audiences of all
ages, adults will fully appreciate its humor and content. It is a story
about relationships, community, self-empowerment, and simple living.
Challenges in the game arise from the very same issues but present
themselves by adding to, not interrupting, the story.

Built with the CineProse(tm) adventure engine, YOU decide what happens,
how the plot thickens, and most importantly, how it ends. Combining the
best of movies, live theater, and the written word, the CineProse
experience is a wonderful new, interactive entertainment!

Anyone who likes to sink into a pile of couch cushions for "a good
read" will enjoy this humor-filled tale about making a new life in
unfamiliar territory. Play for one minute or one hour. The Witch's Yarn
was designed to be as easy to pick up and enjoy as reading a book.

Versions for Macintosh and Windows are available immediately for free
download. After previewing the first two chapters, unlock the full game
for $19.95 (USD).

One published review had this to say, "...provides very innovative game
play that will likely get this game noticed. ...I think it is something
that everyone can appreciate."

The Witch's Yarn can be securely downloaded at
http://www.witchsyarn.com/

Registered users are entitled to unlimited play, free updates and
technical support.

About Mousechief Co.

Founded in 2003, Mousechief is lead by a 12 year veteran of the
computer gaming industry. We believe that current adventure games do
not address the constraints of the casual game market. In our user
testing, the majority of a sample population was unable to perform
basic control over the main character. That's why we re-invented the
genre specifically for this market. Thus, the CineProse style of
adventure game was born. Subsequent testing of computer novices showed
that 100% of ages 8 to 78 were able to pick up and play The Witch's
Yarn.

Working with art talents from famous jazz musicians to highly skilled
illustrators, Mousechief crafts unique, fun-filled experiences for the
casual game market. Our games will delight your senses as much as they
will expand your heart. We make play worthwhile.

# # #

For more information about The Witch's Yarn:

Contact: Keith Nemitz
Company: Mousechief Co.
E-mail: chief at mousechief.com

Company site:		http://www.Mousechief.com/