[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app error with _py_suffixes

Kevin Dangoor kid at kendermedia.com
Wed Dec 29 04:18:06 CET 2004

Bob Ippolito wrote:

> On Dec 28, 2004, at 12:14 PM, Kevin Dangoor wrote:
>
>> Kevin Dangoor wrote:
>>

>>> I don't see _py_suffixes defined anywhere...
>>

>> One more bit of relevant info... I just noticed that the file in
>> question was a ".ptl" file (from Quixote) that was compiled into a
>> ".pyc".
>

> That would probably explain it.  py2app may very well not be
> compatible with alternatively compiled bytecode, I will have to look
> into it.  Do you know if compiled ptl is compatible with py2exe?
>
> -bob

I'm using py2app 0.1.6 (just downloaded today). At least in that
version, there's a _py_suffixes referenced.

I had my build script drop a _py_suffixes into the util module and that
worked fine.

Quixote's ptl compiler includes a handy function that compiles every ptl
in a directory. Precompiling the ptls worked fine with py2app! That's a
much more pleasant solution (to me, at least) than dropping the files in
next to the app, which is what was suggested for py2exe.

Kevin