[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app error with _py_suffixes

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Wed Dec 29 04:26:34 CET 2004

On Dec 28, 2004, at 10:18 PM, Kevin Dangoor wrote:

> Bob Ippolito wrote:

>>> One more bit of relevant info... I just noticed that the file in
>>> question was a ".ptl" file (from Quixote) that was compiled into a
>>> ".pyc".
>>

>> That would probably explain it.  py2app may very well not be
>> compatible with alternatively compiled bytecode, I will have to look
>> into it.  Do you know if compiled ptl is compatible with py2exe?
>
> I'm using py2app 0.1.6 (just downloaded today). At least in that
> version, there's a _py_suffixes referenced.
>
> I had my build script drop a _py_suffixes into the util module and
> that worked fine.

Yuck.  Well, svn trunk is significantly different and 0.1.7 will be out
any day now (whichever day PyObjC 1.2 comes out).

> Quixote's ptl compiler includes a handy function that compiles every
> ptl in a directory. Precompiling the ptls worked fine with py2app!
> That's a much more pleasant solution (to me, at least) than dropping
> the files in next to the app, which is what was suggested for py2exe.

Interesting, I'll have to look at Quixote at some point to see if I can
integrate that as a recipe.  If your app is open source, could you
point me to its source so I can make it a use case?