[Pythonmac-SIG] BuildApplet in next distro of MacPython?

gandreas at gandreas.com gandreas at gandreas.com
Wed Dec 29 22:57:42 CET 2004

On Dec 29, 2004, at 2:51 PM, Charles Hartman wrote:

> Please not PyOxide. I used it for a while, I like it -- but it doesn't
> work, and it hasn't been worked on or updated in months. The current
> PythonIDE is minimal and shabby, but it works just fine.

Actually, it has been worked on, but there isn't anything significant
yet (OK, so the last release was in the beginning of October, that
hardly means it's not being worked on or updated - after all, this all
needs to be done in my limited free time).

And I've used it on three different computer and works reasonably well
on all of them - where are you seeing problems?  What exactly happens,
etc...?  I can't fix what I don't know about.

Don't forget - the source is fully available, so you can always work on
it yourself and submit fixes, etc...

But back on topic (sort of) - I plan to continue to support
BundleBuilder (in as much as it is currently supported), but I do plan
to add support for py2app.  No further work on bundle builder will be
done, however, since the future is py2app (though feel free to submit
patches on it).

Glenn Andreas                      gandreas at gandreas.com
  <http://www.gandreas.com/> oh my!
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to Know