[Pythonmac-SIG] newbie; python quicktime and webcam access

Martina Oefelein Martina at Oefelein.de
Tue Mar 16 15:28:43 EST 2004

Hi Tommi,
> Or is it possible to access quickTime functionality from python
> directly. Or is the only possibility to access quickTime from Python
> through something like PyObjC, which is a little too much for a
> complete beginner to start with.

You might want to try the module Carbon.Qt in the standard library.
There is not much documentation about it in the standard library
reference - you are supposed to use the Apple documentation on
QuickTime.

Or try the newer module "QuickTime" - see the following mail from Jack
Jansen:
	[Pythonmac-SIG] New experimental PackMan packages: QuickTime and
LaunchServices