[Pythonmac-SIG] In panther where are Python Carbon files Qd, Quickdraw, etc?

Louis Pecora pecora at anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Fri Nov 26 14:02:47 CET 2004

Bob Ippolito wrote:

> On Nov 23, 2004, at 9:06 PM, Louis Pecora wrote:
>
>> Bob Ippolito wrote:
>>

>>> Standard place:
>>>
>>> /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/
>>> python2.3/ plat-mac/Carbon/Qd.py
>>>
>>> Not sure whether it was your Xcode or OS X upgrade, but at least
>>> one  of  the two did the wrong thing.
>>>
>>> -bob
>>

>> Yikes!  They're there!  On my machine.
>> Why didn't Find find them?  Strange.  I guess I need to add a path
>> to  them.  I would have thought that the usual MacPython IDE would
>> have  that built in.
>>
>> Thanks.  Let's see if I can get the IDE to find the files.
>

> Maybe you have more than one Python installed?  A tell would be if
> there is a /usr/local/bin/python, or maybe a Fink Python.  Missing
> the  Carbon modules leads me to believe that it might be some
> non-framework  Python lying around?
>
> -bob

No Python, but some python 'things'.  Here's what's in that directory:

ls -F
cisco_cert_mgr* img2png*        pyalacarte.py   pyshell*        xrced*
cvpnd*          img2py*         pyalamode*      pyshell.py      xrced.py
genaxmodule*    img2xpm*        pyalamode.py    pywrap*
helpviewer*     ipseclog*       pycrust*        pywxrc*
helpviewer.py   pyalacarte*     pycrust.py      vpnclient*

--
Cheers,

Lou Pecora

Code 6362