[Pythonmac-SIG] How to tell if a .app is clicked again?

Kevin Ollivier kevino at tulane.edu
Tue Aug 16 21:45:04 CEST 2005

Hi Chris,

On Aug 16, 2005, at 12:31 PM, Chris Barker wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm working on a project in which we're trying to write a Web app that
> can also be run stand-alone on a non-networked machine.

I can't answer the questions you posed below, as I do almost all of
my Mac work with wxPython, but when I read about what you're trying
to do I couldn't help but think that this is exactly what ActiveGrid
AppBuilder is for:

http://www.activegrid.com

Granted, it's wxPython and thus not as lightweight, but apps you
create with it can be run locally on the user's machine or can be
deployed to a server with their server components installed. It
allows you to use SQLite, Oracle, MySQL, or PostGreSQL for the
database. It's also pretty nice for point-and-click creation of full-
fledged database apps, so the apps are easy to customize. (See their
Petstore demo that comes with the app.) Not sure what your exact
needs are, but this might be at least worth a look if you haven't
seen it already.

Kevin