[Pythonmac-SIG] menu bar missing mac+py2app

Thomas thomas at eforms.co.nz
Thu Feb 3 20:08:01 CET 2005

Hi All,

I am using

> Mac OS X 10.3

> Python  2.3 one shipped with panther

> MacPython-Panther-2.3

> wxPythonOSX-2.4.2.4-py2.3-panther.dmg

> py2app-0.1.7.mpkg

When I run my app script using python my menu bar is missing.

When I use pythonw it's working fine.

Using py2app I created a standalone application, but menu bar is missing in
it.

I realize that macs menu bar has been an issue for quite a while.

I had a chat with bob(who wrote py2app) and he points this as issue with the
my code or wxPython code.
As pythonw is a shell script that runs a Python interpreter inside of an
application bundle; the py2app bootstrap *is* a python interpreter inside of
an application bundle.

Can anyone tell me what's going wrong here.  Or how should I proceed to
locate this bug.

Thanks in advance

Thomas