[Pythonmac-SIG] menu bar missing mac+py2app

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Fri Feb 4 00:25:18 CET 2005

On Feb 3, 2005, at 14:08, Thomas wrote:

> When I run my app script using python my menu bar is missing.
>
> When I use pythonw it’s working fine.
>
> Using py2app I created a standalone application, but menu bar is
> missing in it.
>
> I realize that macs menu bar has been an issue for quite a while.
>
> I had a chat with bob(who wrote py2app) and he points this as issue
> with the my code or wxPython code.
>  As pythonw is a shell script that runs a Python interpreter inside of
> an application bundle; the py2app bootstrap *is* a python interpreter
> inside of an application bundle.
>
> Can anyone tell me what’s going wrong here.  Or how should I proceed
> to locate this bug.

This is, without a doubt, a bug with wxPython 2.4 or the code that is
using it.  I *was* able to get his program to work as expected by
changing some of the menu initialization code, and I sent it to him
off-list, but apparently it doesn't work for him.  Also, the example
trivially ported to wxPython 2.5 also does not have this problem, but
he can't or won't port to wxPython 2.5.