[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app basics

Chris Jerdonek jerdonek at davischoicevoting.org
Sat Feb 5 03:16:59 CET 2005

Hi, I'm trying to use py2app on an open-source program that I basically
understand the workings of, but didn't write.

I've tried "python setup.py py2app" several times, but it doesn't work.
  I get error messages like the one below, when I click on the resulting
app icon:

	An unexpected error has occurred during execution of the main script
	IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '-psn_0_42205185

Where do I start?  I really don't know the principle behind the
setup.py file, what it does, what py2app does, what needs to be in
setup.py for things to work, etc.  How can I tell?  I've checked out a
few of the sample files, but I don't see how they apply to my
situation.  The program uses wxPython if that matters.  I'm using OSX
10.3.7 and Python 2.3.

I'm not an experienced programmer, but I can learn fast.  It's just
hard without documentation.  (Maybe py2app is intended for people that
already know what they're doing)  Anyways, I'm glad py2app is out there
for people.  Ok, thanks a lot for anything to help get me started.
CHRIS