[Pythonmac-SIG] Panther and Pydance...

- drive - drift - dream - shannyk at mac.com
Wed Feb 9 23:11:34 CET 2005

I was just sent over here from a different group, I'm unable to run
Pydance since I upgraded to Panther.  At first I was unable to run any
of the MacPython things without them immediately crashing after a dock
bounce, but I was able to mess around with permissions and stuff enough
that I could get PackageManager to run, and downloaded the Pygame stuff
from there.  Pydance will still not run, though, immediately crashes
when you start it.

I can't downgrade to Jaguar, as the machine it needs to run on is a new
iBook, which Jaguar won't run on.  I don't know anything about
programming in Python.  The Pydance people say they've never found a
fix for it, or even found out what's wrong.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!