[Pythonmac-SIG] Zope py2app, some progress

Richard Jones richard at commonground.com.au
Thu Feb 10 02:55:58 CET 2005

On 10/02/2005, at 12:38 PM, Bob Ippolito wrote:
> I tried to reproduce this problem by dropping your Python dylib into
> my framework, and it worked fine.. what version of Mac OS X are you
> using and have you tried it a second time after killing build and
> dist?

That was it - I needed to clean out the old cruft (I had deleted dist,
but not build). All better now.

Well, almost. Now I have an ominuous "socket.error: AF_UNIX path too
long" to deal with :)

The man page for bind() says that I'll get this if the name is longer
than NAME_MAX. Grep'ing /usr/include (the only place I know to look ;)
gets me a value of 255 for NAME_MAX in <sys/syslimits.h> (there's some
others, but I think that's the appropriate one.

The path is
"/Users/richard/src/cg/CGPublisher-Zope/dist/CGPublisher-Zope.app/
Contents/Resources/runtime/zope-8000/zopectlsock.5345" which is clearly
118 chars long. So I'm a little confused. I need to go get some lunch,
then I'll have another go at the problem :)

     Richard