[Pythonmac-SIG] Mac User Python Newbies

Mike Mellor mmellor1 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 13 21:00:18 CET 2005

On Feb 13, 2005, at 12:47 PM, pythonmac-sig-request at python.org wrote:
> I just received 3 books on Python from Amazon. Every one of them
> starts with the line "this book does not teach you to program in
> Python, and assumes you already know how to do that." Perhaps it is
> just my own dumb luck, but that is the angle most web materials take
> as well in my experience. OR, it is print "hello world".

Without knowing which books they are it is hard to say if they'll be
useful.  The "best" beginner's level book on Python that I have used is
"Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours."  Most of the titles in this series
are horrible, but this one id very good - well organized and an easy
read.  It is also several years old, but it is a great intro.

Mike