[Pythonmac-SIG] Sigh, difficulties getting py-sqlite2 to install.

Kenneth McDonald kenneth.m.mcdonald at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 04:42:18 CEST 2005

I used darwinports to install sqlite3 without difficulty, but when I
tried to install py-sqlite2, I got the following:

g4:~ ken$ sudo port install py-sqlite2
Password:
--->  Fetching XFree86
--->  Attempting to fetch XFree86-4.5.0-src-1.tgz from
http://distfiles-od.opendarwin.org/
--->  Attempting to fetch XFree86-4.5.0-src-2.tgz from
http://distfiles-od.opendarwin.org/
--->  Attempting to fetch XFree86-4.5.0-src-3.tgz from
http://distfiles-od.opendarwin.org/
--->  Attempting to fetch XFree86-4.5.0-src-4.tgz from
http://distfiles-od.opendarwin.org/
--->  Attempting to fetch XFree86-4.5.0-src-5.tgz from
http://distfiles-od.opendarwin.org/
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for XFree86
--->  Extracting XFree86
--->  Applying patches to XFree86
--->  Configuring XFree86
--->  Building XFree86 with target World
--->  Staging XFree86 into destroot
--->  Packaging tgz archive for XFree86 4.5.0_2
--->  Installing XFree86 4.5.0_2
--->  Activating XFree86 4.5.0_2
Error: Target com.apple.activate returned: Image error:
/usr/X11R6/include/DPS/ColorSB.h already exists and does not belong to
a registered port.  Unable to activate port XFree86.
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: python24 tk XFree86
tcl sqlite

I have to admit, I was rather surprised in the first place that
installing py-sqlite2 would attempt to install XFree, but thought that
perhaps there was some db viewer app included that requires XFree. In
any case, this problem is quite outside my circle of competence, and I
was wondering if anyone knew what was going on.

Thanks,
Ken