broken modules (was: Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] CFURL Pain)

Martina Oefelein Martina at Oefelein.de
Thu Mar 3 21:31:09 CET 2005

Hi Bob:

> Very few people care that undocumented modules don't work correctly.
> You have to look pretty hard to even notice their existence in the
> first place.  I've never heard of a broken undocumented standard
> library module becoming a deal-breaker for someone new to Python.

Looking at the Global module index
http://python.org/doc/2.4/modindex.html
it's hard not to notice the existence of the long list of
Carbon.something modules in the left column.

I think it would be a good idea to replace this with a single entry for
Carbon, that explains that those modules are deprecated and one should
use PyObjC instead.

ciao
Martina