[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: More on stdin and python scripts in BBEdit and

Brendan Simons brendansimons at yahoo.ca
Sat Mar 5 23:44:09 CET 2005

> Martina Oefelein wrote:
>
>> just use pythonw instead of python.
>>
>> ciao
>> Martina

Yup, I ran into the same issue with TextWrangler recently.   I wrote
Bare Bones Software, and they gave me this hint:

Textwrangler and BBEdit launch python scripts with /usr/bin/python by
default, with which, as you've discovered  'no user interaction is
allowed'.  To allow your script to use gui elements, simply add:

#!/usr/bin/pythonw

to the top of your script.  The editor is smart enough to override it's
default with the interpreter you specify in the #! line

Cheers
    Brendan
--
Brendan SImons