[Pythonmac-SIG] Fwd: MacPython icon mockup

Nicholas Riley njriley at uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 24 06:56:03 CEST 2006

On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 08:20:48PM -0400, Jacob Rus wrote:
> Donovan Preston wrote:
> > What about something more like the Help Indexer in /Developer/
> > Applications/Utilities. A little more stylized and less
> > photorealistic. Should look better at smaller sizes.
>
> Yeah, building on Brendan Simons' idea of what a Help Indexer-esque
> Applet Builder.app icon should look like, here's what I've come up with:
>
> http://hcs.harvard.edu/~jrus/python/prettified-py-icons.png
>
> Sadly, the grinder isn't destined for glory. (I agree that it's not so
> great at small sizes, or even at 128x128, but at full size it's fun to
> drop stuff on :-)

Sorry to rain on your parade :-)  The new icon looks great.

Can these icons (and their source Photoshop files, etc.) be checked
into some Subversion repository, so they can continue to be developed?
I'd hate to see someone else have to start from scratch in the event
new Mac OS X icons need to be produced.

--
Nicholas Riley <njriley at uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>