[Pythonmac-SIG] Please critique my first appscript - a fix for Palm sync of iCal Tasks (for kGTD)

root Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue Aug 29 19:31:51 CEST 2006

Marcin Komorowski wrote:
> Please kindly critique my code - what could I have done better?  What
> would have made this code more Pythonic?

I now nothing of appscript, and didn't even read it all, but a comment
none the less.
> def myDebug( txt ):
>     if txt == None:
>         sys.stderr.flush()
>     else:
>         sys.stderr.write( txt )

You should use:

if txt is None:

the equality operator can be overloaded, so you can't count on it for
None. However, you could probably just do:

def myDebug( txt ):
     if txt:
	sys.stderr.write( txt )
     else:
          sys.stderr.flush()

that will flush on both None and an empty string (or anything else that
evaluates to False).

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov