[Pythonmac-SIG] ImportError: cannot import name PostponedException

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Mon May 8 19:06:53 CEST 2006

emma brunskill wrote:
> I'm a newbie to python and a Mac OSX Tiger user. I installed python
> 2.4.3 using the universal build installer (from python.org/download/mac).
> I then installed the mac os X version of numpy
> (numpy-0.9.6-py2.3-macosx10.4.dmg)

This is going to be a problem:

You've installed a numpy for python 2.3 on python 2.4.3 That won't work
right.

I'm pretty sure numpy builds just fine with the universal python with
the standard:

$ python2.4 setup.py build
$ sudo python2.4 setup.py install

> and then installed SciPy 0.4.8 using
> SciPy 0.4.8 for Python 2.4 (.dmg package)

That should work, if you're running a PPC Mac, but I've never tried it.
Does it come with it's own numpy? it may well, and the numpy you
installed probably got put into Apple's python 2.3.5

> I then start python from the command line and try to do
> from scipy import *

Are you getting python 2.4 when you do that?

>  I've been looking at lots of mailing lists but am pretty confused--
> total beginner at python!

Ideally, you'll get the best answers from the folks that are building
SciPy for OS-X. I'm not sure who that is, but I bet you can find them on
the SciPy lists.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov