[Pythonmac-SIG] xcode problems

David Worrall vip at avatar.com.au
Fri Oct 20 10:11:31 CEST 2006

On 20/10/2006, at 5:26 PM, Ronald Oussoren wrote:

> On Friday, October 20, 2006, at 08:29AM, Muhammad Alkarouri
> <malkarouri at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> ---  Ronald Oussoren wrote:
>>> I'd drop Xcode unless you already know it, Xcode can be used as a
>>> python editor but is really heavy-weight for what it offers to
>>> Python
>>> programmers (it's great for ObjC programming, but most of Xcode is
>>> closed for Python programmers).
>>
>> Noted. I am at the moment trying TextWrangler for editing Python.
>> May be I will
>> revert to Idle.
>> [rant]
>> It is a shame, though. Xcode is a great python environment, as far
>> as my
>> experience goes. It would be far more useful if it were open source.
>> [/rant]

I use TextWrangler as a general text processor, occasionally for
quick code.
On my OSX machines I find scrIDE (http://projects.gandreas.com/
scride/) more stable than IDLE.
It's especially good for wxPython stuff.

David

experimental polymedia:	www.avatar.com.au
Sonic Communications Research Group,
University of Canberra:	 www.canberra.edu.au