[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app and Pyhon Imaging Library PIL

Martin Dunschen zabaione at uk2.net
Fri Oct 20 19:12:36 CEST 2006

I had the following problem with a python script that imports the Image
module:

import Image

When I build an app with py2app I got an error that Image can't be found.
I tracked the problem down to the file
MyApp.app/Contents/Resources/__boot__.py
which imports it.

In there changed the line
import Image

from PIL import Image

and also how I import Image in my own script. It works.

But I don't understand why the original version does not work?

I understand that __boot__.py in created, but is there a template I can
change? Is that the right way to fix this problem?

Thanks

Martin