[Pythonmac-SIG] xcode problems

Jacob Rus jrus at hcs.harvard.edu
Tue Oct 24 21:39:07 CEST 2006

Ronald Oussoren wrote:
> What I'd like to see in a future version of Xcode is
> a public plugin API (outright Python support would also
 > be nice of course) and an tool for creating/maintaining
 > project templates.

I'd be happy with just an API for modifying their project files, as
currently the format changes every few months in backwards-incompatible
ways, and all the tools that hack parsing of it end up stuffed.  The
suggestion of Apple engineers is to just use AppleScript, as if that is
a workable solution... (requires XC to be open, is damn slow, etc.)

But yes, it would be nice if, for instance, names in the templates could
be changed without looking a bazillion places.