[Pythonmac-SIG] IDLE and MacPython 2.5

David Worrall vip at avatar.com.au
Thu Oct 26 02:27:16 CEST 2006

For what it' worth, perhaps to save you some time, I recently spent a
day evaluating
these tools. Horses for courses, but for me:
TextWrangler is a freebie BBEditLite - a very nice word-processor
which is keyword aware;
SPE is a full-blown development environment which includes wxglade
interface to wxwindows
I found it difficult to 'grock' quickly but it could be good
ScrIDE is 1/2 way between.

I opted for ScrIDE - it's simple to use (ie no manual necessary) and
stable. + using wxglade indpendently for
wxwidget development.
My config: intel OSX 10.4.8 MacPython 2.4.3

If anyone's using MacPython + wxglade into  scrIDE and can report it
AOK I'd be pleased to hear.

David