[Pythonmac-SIG] IDLE and MacPython 2.5

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Sun Oct 29 08:49:18 CET 2006

On Oct 29, 2006, at 6:01 AM, David Worrall wrote:

> There was a time a while ago when IDLE was a pain/unstable etc etc on
> intel OSX
> and I guess I just gave up. I used to use it all the time.
> Perhaps it works ok these days.
> Stopping to sharpen one's axe is ok as long as one doesn't get bogged
> down in the process.
> Now, where was that nifty little chain-saw I had yesterday?.. :-)

IDLE should be better than it once was, I've done some work for
Python 2.5 to make it behave more like a true OSX application. It is
still a long way from being a great application (and not only on
OSX), but it is quite useable.

As full disclosure: I don't use IDLE very often but am a vi junkie.
None of the GUI editors have made enough of an impact yet to get me
to go through the painfull process of rewireing my fingers.

Ronald