[Pythonmac-SIG] So what can we do to clean up the wiki?

Uche Ogbuji uche at ogbuji.net
Fri Jan 5 02:44:01 CET 2007

Bob Ippolito wrote:
> On 1/4/07, Christopher Barker <Chris.Barker at noaa.gov> wrote:
>
>> Just as a note,
>>
>> I've been very happy with the TRAC Wiki's I've used. I don't know how
>> much of a pain it would be to switch to a new system, but it is nice.
>>
>> The SciPy Wiki is pretty nice too -- I'm not sure what' they are using.
>>

> If someone here knows how to migrate MoinMoin to trac that'd be a
> potential solution, but trac is also subject to spam...

Personally I have had more joy with Moin than Trac.  I've had 2 open
community projects derailed by problems with Trac flakiness.  And I
agree with Bob that Trac is not all that spam-proof.  I think it's all
stuff they're working on, but I'm partial admin on a Moin wiki and I've
seen evidence of its spam prevention.

For sure more unscientific intuition than anything else, so I guess the
best choice is probably any system someone could actually commit to admin.

--
Uche Ogbuji                               Work: The Kadomo Group, Inc.
http://uche.ogbuji.net                    http://kadomo.com