[Pythonmac-SIG] gmpy universal build (static)?

Daniel Lord daniellord at mac.com
Sun Jan 7 00:42:25 CET 2007

gmpy universal build (static)

I struggled with it for a while, but was finally able to build both
gmp and then gmpy as static universal libraries on my Macbook Pro.
Dynamic libs are still problematic but I'll try that next.

Is this something new or is this 'old hat' and no one cares. The
reason I asked is Alex Martelli told me he struggled with it briefly
a while back (liek a year ago ;-) and gave up.
I finally found some spare cycles (rare for me) and tackled it. I
hope I didn't 'reinvent the wheel'. But even so, the exercise was fun
fo someone who gets far too little time at development these days.

Make check runs fine on the gmp build. The question I have for this
what is available as a check for gmpy so I can test this out on Intel
and PPC systems to make sure I built it right.
Then I'll package it up for distribution.

Unless of course, I have indeed 'reinvented the wheel'. In which case
I'll just shuffle off quietly...never mind...move along...nothing to
see here...