[Pythonmac-SIG] Tkinter apps hang upon quitting

Michael Crawford mdcrawford at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 17:16:23 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 6:22 AM, Kevin Walzer <kw at codebykevin.com> wrote:
> What version of Tcl/Tk do you have installed?

Actually, I'm not real sure.  I assumed that they were bundled with
the MacPython 2.5.2 download, but a long time ago I built Tcl and Tk
8.4.11 from source.

Do I need to build and install a later release?  That could be my problem

> Can you post some sample code for me to play with?

the short program on this page is a good example:

http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/hello-again.htm

So far I've just been trying out the examples given in that tutorial -
I have yet to write my own code.

If it does turn out that I need to build Tcl/Tk from source, I won't
have a problem - I'm experienced with other aspects of programming.

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford
mdcrawford at gmail dot com

 Enjoy my art, photography, music and writing at
http://www.geometricvisions.com/
 --- Free Compact Disc ---