[Pythonmac-SIG] Should Python.app be an LSUIElement = 1 app?

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Thu Feb 5 18:35:08 CET 2009

Ronald Oussoren <ronaldoussoren at mac.com> wrote:

> To rephrase my question: can you start the daemon program without
> being logged on to the console and check if it works at all (both with
> and
> without the LSUIElement being set)?

It's an extremely complicated program, running a number of threads, and
running both the Python VM and the Java VM (though it seems to be a
Python code piece that's causing this).  So "works" is a relative
measure.  It does seem to work without anyone logged in, but the piece
that's accessing some framework which is causing the promotion may not
be exercised in this state.  I've narrowed it down to 8 possible Python
modules, which if I remove will cause the promotion not to happen, and
verified that none of them import appscript, directly or indirectly.

I'll post more when I know more...

Bill