[Pythonmac-SIG] 2.5 -v- 2.6 conflicts on 10.5.x

kevin parks kp8 at mac.com
Sat Nov 21 17:17:00 CET 2009

Thanks Christopher Barker!

I did tried a bunch of your suggestions and one of them appeared to
work, but in a way i had not expected.
Anyway, I emptied my path (in .bash_profile) of all silliness and did
a took out the

'/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-
packages'

Logged out and back in again and did the
make clean
make distclean
./configure --with-python
sudo make
sudo make install

dance & it compiled .... and, i suspected compiled with 2.5. Well a
poke with:

import distutils.sysconfig
distutils.sysconfig.get_python_lib()

reports that it actually (despite the path jiggery) built on 2.6. So,
hosed right? Well, no
it actually works, and furthermore sees all my modules within PYCMIX,
which
is odd since this is not supposed to work yet with 2.6 but appears to.

I ran a couple scripts and it spit out all kinds of sounds and did all
my module imports. A very
unexpected turn of events, and i'll test it over the next week, but
bottom line: it appears to
work. Thanks for your suggestions. Even better that it works with 2.6
since then i don't have
2.5ify my code. I cant tell you how many instances of, say, enumerate,
i would have had to
change in my code.

best,

kevin