[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app DistUtilsPlatformError[Sec=Unclassified]

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Thu Sep 24 22:06:55 CEST 2009

In article <4ABBC381.4090500 at noaa.gov>,
 Christopher Barker <Chris.Barker at noaa.gov> wrote:
> Ned Deily wrote:
> >> It's not included in the .dmg for Python 2.6.
> > Now I'm really confused :=)  I've just installed from the final
> > python.org 2.6, 2.6.1, and 2.6.2 install.dmgs and, for me, each one
> > installed what appears to be an appropriate file.  For example:
> Well, I'm not using 2.6 yet, but with 2.5, my problem was that py2app
> didn't copy pyconfig.h into the bundle, and that I gues setuptools was
> looking for it.

Just for the record, I don't think this particular issue has anything
directly to do with either setuptools or python2.6.  IIUC, pyconfig.h is
needed for any packages (packaged with standard *distutils*) that
include any C extension modules.  From a quick glance at the py2app
code, it looks like, prior to r65, py2app did not copy pyconfig.h at
all.  That wouldn't lead to problems until you tried to install a C
extension module.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org