[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app DistUtilsPlatformError[Sec=Unclassified]

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu Sep 24 22:40:15 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009, Ned Deily wrote:

> Just for the record, I don't think this particular issue has anything
> directly to do with either setuptools or python2.6.  IIUC, pyconfig.h is
> needed for any packages (packaged with standard *distutils*) that
> include any C extension modules.  From a quick glance at the py2app
> code, it looks like, prior to r65, py2app did not copy pyconfig.h at
> all.  That wouldn't lead to problems until you tried to install a C
> extension module.

Well, I don't have any time to track down what happened a few weeks ago,
but it was definitely the case that setuptools was crashing due to a
missing pyconfig.h, and the Python 2.6 installation I was using didn't
have one.

gfarber: Thank God, or the belief system of your choice.
pddb: Does human perversity count as a belief system?