[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app and setuptools , import error (osx 10.6.3, system python)

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Thu Jul 1 17:04:00 CEST 2010

A bleading edge version of py2app with a simular macholib now works for me to build a 3-way universal pyobjc application.

Could you (and others on the list) please test if that works for you as well?

* easy_install macholib==dev
* easy_install py2app==dev

This should install macholib 1.2.2 and py2app 0.5.

With this combination I can build the TinyTinyEdit example in the py2app repository using a 3-way universal Python 2.7 framework (x86, i386, ppc), and that results in a working application bundle.

Builds that include ppc64 code may not work. I don't have access to hardware that supports such code and therefore cannot properly develop or test such code.

Ronald