[Pythonmac-SIG] debugging bus error on launch [py2app]

Jeffrey O'Neill jeff.oneill at openstv.org
Fri Jun 10 04:02:48 CEST 2011

I figured out what was causing my bus error.  In my setup.py file, I have

setup(
    version = v,
    ...)

If v is a string or int then everything works fine.  If v is a list or tuple
then you get the bus error I reported.

Clearly my fault, but would be nice to get a better error message. :)  I
don't know if this would be done in setuptools or py2app.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Jeff